Sunday, September 18, 2011

Fresh Ink One-Year Anniversary Party

On September 17th, Fresh Ink celebrated our one-year anniversary with an in-store event. We were hoping for 20-25 attendees, but we had over 100 show up. Wow! Thank you to everyone for coming out and celebrating with us. Here are a few photos from the night. Side note: due to the fact that I don't know how to use a camera, I accidentally deleted the videos of the kids speaking. I hope to have these up later.

Fresh Ink coordinators Carter and Jory introduce the speakers

Fresh Ink by the numbers:

In one year, we have

340 reviewers
475 reviews
1000 free ARCs
6000 blog hits
$400 in store credit

Jenna, our most prolific reviewer, talks about Fresh Ink
Sheela Chari talks about reviews and her book, Vanished

Kids listen in as Sheela Chari talks about reviews


Author Karsten Knight explains why even bad reviews can be helpful
Even the youngest enjoy the Fresh Ink party

From Fresh Ink reviewer, Jacob: I really love the Fresh Ink program. It has allowed me to enjoy more of my favorite authors and introduced me to new ones. The first book I got was a new Terry Pratchett, which I was excited to read before anyone else. Later, I was one of the first to read and review the Newbery winner. The program has also let me share my opinions with others and help them find a good book to read as well. I look forward to lots more reading in advance.
Mitali Perkins talks to the crowd















Standing room only

No comments:

Post a Comment