Friday, December 3, 2010

The Miracle Stealer

The Miracle Stealer was eerie, but not in a way that made me excited to find out the ending. The plot had serious potential, but it was executed in a way that I didn't find myself drawn to. Parts of the book made my skin crawl, but not (if there is such a thing) in a desirable way. The power to evoke such strong feelings is definitely a special skill to have, but the way author Neil Connolly did so was not something I enjoyed. To be fair, I'm sure my disinterest for the story is related to a specific aspect of my life, namely that I attend a Catholic school and found the religious overtones in The Miracle Stealer too preachy, possibly because there is a lot of preaching at school. I’m sure that enjoying The Miracle Stealer is far from impossible.

Orly, 13 

No comments:

Post a Comment