Wednesday, April 25, 2012


Under the Never Sky is set in a futuristic world where most people literally live in a bubble because the outside world is too dangerous and polluted. However, there are also people who live on the outside. 

This book is about how a girl named Aria, from the inside, meets a man named Perry from the outside. I felt like this plot was a good idea, a good basis, but the writing was just disorganized. The reader doesn't understand the characters. The story jumps too quickly into the action. I realize that this is a way to interest your reader in theory, but it wasn't used very well in this situation. For example, I didn't feel attachment to Aria's friend when she was killed in a fire, because I had only met her about 30 pages ago. I kept thinking, This scene sounds like the end of a book, not the beginning.

I did like the characters surrounding Perry, though, especially his nephew Talon and Talon's father. They were better thought out than the characters that lived inside the bubble.

Kira, 13

No comments:

Post a Comment