Friday, August 10, 2012

Two or Three Things I Forgot to Tell You


Two or Three Things I Forgot to Tell You is split into two parts. I thoroughly enjoyed the first part of the book, which is told from the view of Merisa, a girl struggling with the death of her friend and her father's emotional distance from her. 

However, the second part of the book, which focuses on Nadia, a girl struggling with her obsession with a teacher and the fact that everyone thinks she is a slut, I found to fall a little flat. 

The connection between the two parts of the story was the death of Tink, and the way her friends coped with it. My main problem with this book is that I thought it was really disjointed, both parts could be expanded into full novels and would be really interesting. But together they just didn't work, and I found myself bored and a little upset at this book. I really thought it would be better then it was.

Jenny, 16

No comments:

Post a Comment