Thursday, April 14, 2011

Daphne's Diary of Daily Disasters: The Vampire Dare

Daphne's Diary of Daily Disasters resembled Diary of A Wimpy Kid in the way it was illustrated like a semi-comic book. It was too “girly” for me. Everything is pink and pretty, and Daphne is overly concerned with being vain, paying attention to her clothes, hair and makeup, etc.  I also didn’t like that the book was about the many disasters that can happen in life, saying that bad things could happen to you too.  That attitude is too negative for me. No way, would I recommend this book to my friends!  My friends aren’t into hair, makeup and clothes, nor are they interested in pink and pretty.  We’re into much more interesting things, and we have a positive and realistic outlook. It’s important to know that this book is very “girly” and will only interest readers who are interested in this attitude.

Sophie, 8

No comments:

Post a Comment